Sunday, May 7, 2017

Why Do People Judge Others?

My family shaped me to be the person I am. I have been impacted by my parent's divorce at the age of 7 but love my mom and dad equally. I am blessed to be in a loving home where I don't get judged for what I do or what I say. Although I live a good life, some people don't. These people may seem happy on the outside but who knows that they're going through on the inside.

My mom teaches me valuable lessons about being kind, showing respect, and not judging anyone before you get to know them. She always tells me stories about the disabled people she works with getting downgraded by people they don't even know and by the people who are supposed to care for them. Hearing this makes me wonder why people think it's ok to make someone feel bad about themselves because they are seemed to be different. I don't understand why we have a mindset that because someone's not capable of doing the same things we are, we can't treat them the same way. Instead of having this mindset, others should support each other in some way.  


No comments:

Post a Comment